7 Day Writing Challenge
Writing should be as natural as a flowing river
or blinking your eyes. So what is it that halts or impedes our progress?
Most likely the usual suspects:
- Lack of Motivation
- Inability to generate ideas
- Language incompetence
While these are not difficult issues to deal with and can be resolved with minimal effort. They can be a red flag if you are approaching a critical deadline. But don't be concerned! It can happen to anyone, including the best of the best! They've just learned to deal with it in their own unique ways. Aaron Sorkin takes numerous baths to keep his mind sharp, and Haruki Murakami runs several kilometers and maintains a healthy diet when he is writing.
Everybody has their own quirks, but here is some general writing advice:
Writing the first page, or even the first few lines, is difficult, but once you push yourself through it, you'll develop a flow and write as much as you can.
- Write for as long as you can while taking frequent short breaks to avoid burnout.
- Break up your writing into sections; this will make writing something lengthy less intimidating.
- Keep distractions to a minimum and inform friends and family to contact you only if absolutely necessary.
- Don't use complicated words just to sound impressive; it's more important to be meaningful and authentic.
- Be comfortable, change positions if you get bored, and prepare plenty of coffee or snacks; the more comfortable you are, the more at ease you will be while writing.
- Because you need to be articulate and coherent while putting your ideas into words, you can use QuillBot's Grammar Checker and Paraphraser.
- Reward yourself after finishing a significant part by scrolling through social media, getting some fresh air, taking a shower, and so on. If there is a reward at the end of the task, it feels more meaningful.
You can write like the wind now that you have some solutions. This time, you'll have QuillBot and its amazing features to assist you.
Here's how you can use QuillBot to improve your submissions:
- QuillBot's Grammar Checker, Paraphraser, Plagiarism Checker, Summarizer, and other features will help you write better.
- When you sign up for the 7 Day Writing Challenge, you will also receive a free QuillBot subscription.
- QuillBot's Grammar Checker can assist you in correcting grammatical errors and making your piece more professional, concise, and coherent.
- For the Think Piece (Non-fiction), you must use QuillBot's Plagiarism Checker and submit a generated report along with your submission. By using this tool, you can ensure that you do not exceed the challenge's 12% plagiarism limit and submit a non-fiction think piece that is original and unique to you!
So, what are you waiting for?
Join the 7 Day Writing Challenge and start writing!
What previous participants love about 7 Day Writing Challenge
Missed participating in 2022?
Fill in details below and we'll remind you in 2023.